Close

Threaded View

A couple of points:
    1. They don't provide the gross weight of the package containing the printer and the filament that comes with it. That adds to the shipping cost which adds to your overall cost.
    2. While the build materials and components appear to be up to standard, the Prusa i3 design that they are selling is now superseded by the i3v which has much improved motion transmission.
    3. After sales service. What's the time difference between your home and Salt Lake City compared to your home and Europe?
    4. Numbers of users. This is a reflection of sales volume, but there are more people to help you with a Makerfarm than with most of the other Prusa makes.

Gee! I think I sound like a Makerfarm salesman. I'm not. Just an old emu who has been short of money for "toys" like you, and has had to carefully appraise my spending decisions in light of many factors.

The Makerfarm i3v 8" is $200 more than the replikeo, but it is money well spent. If I had the time, and could hide the purchase from Old Ma Emu, I'd fork out for the i3v upgrade kit for my i3.

Old Man Emu
    Last edited by old man emu; 12-06-2014 at 04:16 PM.