Quote Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
Thanks, I'll look into that too.

But you know, it was the gap that did it! *ashamed*

EDIT:

While looking trough the code, I found this:

And to me it shounds like a great idea to have a separate sensor somewhere next to the extruder, as I bought plenty as spare ones. Anyone used this feature?
in a long story
I'm just now buying my "first" 3dprinter lol (M.F. 12" i3V. soon to be pure metal build)
i have built / repaired around 30 at this point and the last 2 cheap aliex**** i3 printers that some class mates got had major problems out of the box they had mezli v1 boards 1 had a bad stepper driver and a cooked on board 7805
both seamed stuck at 1/8 micro.
tossed the boards and installed Ramps 1.4 with and K-type setup but i used it with the stock sensor and used that setting. I tested it by unplugged a wire from the epocos and in about 3 sec it kills the print..
i liked the idea at first but ended up modded the code a bit to be a little more forgiving in range and a delay of about 10sec so temp swings don't false trigger it.
i got that printer with 40w heater and 1.75mm/.5mm printing 180mm/s rapids at 210mm/s after a ton of FW modding. keep in mind i used xy jerk and acel settings to keep it in check so on small moves it averaged around 60mm/s

I'm going with a makerfarm i3v 12" my self because it has a RAMBo board over the RAMPS board i have a ton of E3D v6 hotends i made at work on the haas GT10 / mini mill.( i got the gcode down now so i can make all the parts in about 9mins)
so i'm going to build a dual hotend 26.2:1 GEARED NEMA 8 setup Direct Drive "bodwin has to many catch 22's" chances are it's will still be smaller then the stock printer setup..