I have completed six prints now with the Bulldog Lite and E3d v6 combination. A few of them were multi hour prints. I also have designed and printed a filament spool holder that mimics the Makerfarm Unit but has bearings to ease the friction. I don't know exactly what in this combination made the most difference, but these have been the best prints I have seen since I put the i3v together. Very happy with it so far. I will post more and some pictures when I get things completely done. I am still working with a preliminary design mount and fan system that requires more work.

I ordered another Makerfarm i3v. My plan is to run that one with 3mm filament and also using a E3d. This one will be a slow build and the intent is to set it up with the bed level others have been working on. I was hoping to try out a Bulldog XL on that build, but I can't find one available in North America. The only source I could find was in Europe and that makes it pretty expensive. The few places I found it listed it was either "out of stock" or "This product no longer in stock". It is not clear to me if that is a temporary or permanent situation. I emailed RepRapDiscount, one of the suppliers, and asked and did not receive a reply.

I am curious if anyone on here knows of a viable source for the Bulldog XL or if this thing is no longer manufactured or supported?