Well, looks like you already got a lot of suggestions for the curling edges. I'll sum up what I've done with my Flashforge to get rid of curling edges:
- Level the build plate 1~2 layers of paper between the nozzle at all points (my plate is pretty bend, so at some points it's way more.. but it still works.)
- As mentioned, when using a heated build plate (for ABS), do the leveling while heated to prevent any extra expansion tolerances when starting your print.
- Use kapton tape or painters tape or BuildTak or glue stick or hairspray or basically whatever works to get it to stick.

At this point your material SHOULD stick for the first few layers if it immediately starts curling; check the above steps.

If your print starts curling beyond this point (in the 'air' or in pointy areas) then it's most likely that you are adding too much heat in your workpiece:
- Lower extruder temperature if possible
- Add more cooling to your workpiece (look at the air duct that Curious Aardvark linked, it works beautifully!)

That should get everything working without curling. Worst case scenario if the model just has some really tricky pointy parts (which means; relatively high temps in a small pointy area allowing it to curl anyway...) then you could always adjust the model a bit or add rafts / supports. But that will of course increase the material cost and decrease the exterior quality of the print due to break-off parts.

Keep trying and keep us posted. I too got a lot of useful and good responses when I joined this board and I will do my best to return the favor.