Close

Threaded View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I added a zero to the number of available EEPROM cycles. Sorry about that.

Tachout, the prerequisites are just my opinion based on what I've been seeing people running into issues with. Some of the auto-leveling threads may have their own versions of the prerequisites - I only started following the threads a ways back and haven't had the time to read some from the beginning. Roxy has been adamant - there's no one that hasn't eventually been able to get the autoleveling working. It's just been more frustrating for some than others.

My recommendation to you would be to start with simple replication of the firmware you already have on your printer, using the Arduino 022 environment. Work through the process of the compile ("verify" in Arduino terms) and uploading it to the printer. That way you pretty much know the firmware should work, and you can just focus on the process to get it there.

Once you have the upload process figured out, then maybe take a look at the minor firmware personalization post in my build thread. Perhaps there's one or two of those tweaks that you can incorporate into and witness in your firmware baseline, just as an incremental step forward in the learning process. That, along with reading some of the changes involved in auto-leveling, will get you familiar with at least parts of the configuration.h file. That's a very important file - it's where many critical parameters related to your printing are defined. It sort of serves as the cornerstone for the printer firmware. When something doesn't make sense, research or ask questions about it.

FOLLOWUP COMMENT: And yes, 3d printing does provide a great opportunity for learning. Almost in a fascinating way. It involves an unusual combination of materials science, mechanics, electronics, and software programming.
    Last edited by printbus; 09-25-2014 at 12:45 PM.