Close

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I've been teaching myself freeCAD and using Autodesk inventor fusion too. My first main use as a learning tool is designing a new airframe for the cheap little quadcopter that I'm always breaking. I'm designing it so that I can just swap over all of the electronics from the broken quad and also to add a tiny camera for fun aerial shots. My dreams and long term goals are much bigger than my current skill set...I'm still a newb.

Student
    Add corben33 on Thingiverse
    I mostly print objects that are useful and can be used everyday. When I design projects for my students to complete, I try to make them as useful as possible so students will take them home and use them and not just throw them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

This is a question posed by 3D Thermoplastics
    Earn 1 additional entry for replying to this thread and answering the following question:

What applications of 3D printing do you use the most, and how are these applications useful for you?
    I use Cinema 4D because is the only one that I understand, and it also supports OBJ (universal format) as importing/exporting and STL to export, so it's awesome
    Sometimes I use Photoshop CC 2014 to make the "holders" parts for complicated models, but I don't use a dedicated 3D print app.

I print for research materials. Customized parts every time.

Student
    Follow Mtomalty On Twitter Add Mtomalty on Facebook
    I print toys and action figure for recreation

Student
    Follow Mtomalty On Twitter Add Mtomalty on Facebook
    I print toys for fun, I find the ability to get specific shaped and sized parts very useful

Student
    Follow yoman258 On Twitter Add yoman258 on Facebook
    Custom pieces for electronics such as integrated boards in hobby tier rocketry.

do work on a lot of boats and making things for boats also for things around the house

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post

This is a question posed by 3D Thermoplastics
    Earn 1 additional entry for replying to this thread and answering the following question:

What applications of 3D printing do you use the most, and how are these applications useful for you?

The most important application I am involved with is Volunteering for eNABLE, building printed prosthetic hands for kids. Those are much more useful to the children themselves. But it is one heck of a good feeling for me.

I'm really interested to print or re-print usefull 'everyday' objects . I really think the future will further enhance this category like printable batteries or printable circuit boards that will enable the home user to make alot of usefull things.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast