Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
I hope you figure it out, I was millimetres from clicking on BUY on a Davinci, then I saw it took proprietary filament cartridges so got turned off it a bit, but people seem to be getting around that issue ok, I'd love to see someone really tweak one and see how good they can get because for the price, man that is a bargain.
I have mine running on third party filament.
I'm actually going to get rid of all of my XYZ filament because they quality of their filament is a bit disapointing.
I get quite a few bubbles and the filament tolerances aren't close to industry standards.
However, with the programmer I bought right there >>> http://www.wctek.com/shop/da-vinci-3...15-xyzpro.html <<< I can now program my cartridge to whatever I want them to be. I increased the factory temperature of 210F to 240F yesterday on a few prints and it smoothed out the process.
I also used filament from Zen Toolworks and it was by far the best experience I have had as far as consistency and quality.
I haven't tried PLA yet but I might soon.
I'll keep you in the loop on what I've done to mine once it's only running on third party material.