Quote Originally Posted by ciutateivissa View Post
Just for the case you would like to have enhanced funktionalities in CURA: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.p...terface/page-2
This is almost all you have in Pronterface and you can tweak it yourselves.
Nice 'ciutateivissa' , very nice. That's what I needed. I do like Cura, don't get me wrong. It was just previously devoid of all of the creature features I liked in Pronterface. I did search for plugins and mods/upgrades for Cura and could not locate any. This is what I could not find on my own. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
I think it would still be helpful to get it installed and working on a different machine.
SOLVED: Good news. I've solved it. It was staring me in the face the whole time and I got so distracted by looking under the hood and tearing the motor apart that I just kept missing it. Within Pronterface under 'Settings/Options/External commands' I kept seeing the 'Slice Command' and 'Slicer options command' as just executable parameters and not a path. I misread this because the line read "Slic3r_1.0.1/slic3r.exe $s --output $o". I did not have any folder on my machine named "Slic3r_1.0.1" so I just assumed it was a parameter for the 'printrunconf.ini' and not a path. The forward slash should have given it away but not being well versed in python, I thought that it might just be 'python' syntax. So, I ignored it.

Then in desperation, I just started tweaking everything I could. I changed the line to read "Slic3r/slic3r.exe $s --output $o" instead of "Slic3r_1.0.1/slic3r.exe $s --output $o". Because, I do have a folder named "Slic3r". That didn't work so I opened the 'External commands' again and saw that the change did not hold and had reverted back. So I changed my 'Slic3r folder (in my installation directory) to be 'Slic3r_1.0.1'. I was hoping that no other component needed to see it named 'Slic3r' but what the heck. Well, it worked and it worked perfectly.

Now I had to figure out why it was not holding my changes. So, I found 'printrunconf.ini' under C:/Users/Rob. I changed that to 'printrunconf.ini.old' and relaunched Pronterface. It created a new .ini and when I went to 'External commands' the correct folder name was there, "Slic3r". Now I went back to my install directory and changed the folder 'Slic3r_1.0.1' back to 'Slic3r' , closed Pronterface and relaunched. It held. Now all I had to do was to configure my custom buttons again. I've included screen shots of them and the 'External commands' page for reference.

I searched for hours on the web to find a solution for this. I guess it's so obvious that on one felt like writing about it. Should anyone else have a myopic attack and miss the obvious like I did, I hope this post helps you. It took 1.5 days out of my life. Now I'm going sailing....no more 3d printing for me this weekend.

pronterfacesettings.jpg