Close

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by RobH2 View Post
    Ok, I've completed the auto leveling modification. It took longer than I thought is would and I too followed Zennmaster's videos. However I am stuck. I can't figure out how to reset my "home" position to the back right corner of my glass. Zennmaster leaves you with the X0 Y0 Z0 at the center of the bed from when you calculate the probe offset. He say's we'll come back to this and correct it but then he never does. An exhaustive web search leaves me empty handed. Where in the configuration.h file to I modify the "home" position? I can't seem to find the right spot.
    The original Auto_Bed_Leveling did not handle Z-Probes in negative X & Y space very well. As most people have it, I had my origin in the front left. And the only easy place to put the Z-Probe on my extruder was on the left side. So, to work around that problem I made these changes to Configuration.h. This put the origin at the back right:

Changed from:

#define INVERT_X_DIR false // for prusa i3 set to false, x endstop should be on the left
    #define INVERT_Y_DIR false // for prusa i3 set to false, y endstop should be in the back and opposite the y-motor

to:

//Roxy switched the orientation of the bed such that the origin is at the back right.
    //this makes it necessary to invert the X and Y axis directions to keep the part from
    //being mirrored. The X & Y home direction stayed the same even though the direction
    //flipped because the home direction was still towards a minimum value.

#define INVERT_X_DIR true //false // for prusa i3 set to false, x endstop should be on the left
    #define INVERT_Y_DIR true //false // for prusa i3 set to false, y endstop should be in the back and opposite the y-motor

So far though, I love auto leveling. Once I get it going I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I even tested it by raising my glass up on the front about 10mm and then auto leveling. It read it perfectly and I'm sure if I were to have tried, it would have printed perfectly on that sloped glass.
    Yes... Agreed... But now you need to add the http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ed-G29-command

The Bed Topology Map that it provides is very useful. With that, you can (quickly) get the bed so level the Auto_Bed_Leveling is hardly doing anything. And... You get to pick the number of probe points at print time instead of being hard committed to a number.

I have 3 different substrates for printing on, Garolite, window glass and borosilicate glass. Each is slightly different in thickness. This is going to make it so nice. Not to mention, the gap changes when I print on tape or on purple glue or on hairspray. I was constantly making micro-adjustments to compensate for those. No more though.

Thanks for lighting the fire under my butt OME. You da' man...
    Oh! One more thing. Of course you know this, but you need to move your X & Y end stop switches to the opposite sides. OR... You can set them in Configuration.h to be MAX locations and tell it to home in that direction. It is cleaner to just physically move the switches, but you can do it with just Configuration.h settings.
    Last edited by Roxy; 06-19-2014 at 01:53 PM.