Close

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse

Looking for printers that can print both sizes filament.

I have an aging MakerFarm printer that's about 6-years old and a lot of 3mm filament. The ABS extruder housing is cracked so the printer is down. I'm trying to find a modern printer that can swap out extruders to that I can use up my 3mm and then move to 1.75mm filament extruder. The only printer I've found is the Lulzbot TAZ Workhorse which comes 3mm and offers a 1.75mm head kit as optional. This is the perfect scenario but it's a $3000+ printer and I was hoping to find other options to compare it to. I'm not necesarily looking for a build-it-yourself as was the MakerFarm. I just don't want to waste the 15 or so spools of 3mm filament I have. Once it's gone I'd like to buy the 1.75mm extruder for the printer, swap it and keep on going. Any ideas?
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Printers that can print both sizes filament.

Printers capable of using both 1.75mm and 3mm filament sizes include the LulzBot TAZ series, MakerGear M2, and E3D's ToolChanger. These models often require a change in extruder or hotend to switch between filament sizes. Additionally, some DIY or custom-built 3D printers can be modified to accommodate both filament sizes. It's essential to check the printer specifications and manufacturer guidelines for compatibility.