Well alright. It is about time we revived this thread, CA. I have one BTT Octopus installed and am wiring it in and another that will arrive in the mail tomorrow or the day after. I very much plan on running the TronXY off of Klipper but for the time the BTT Octopus and also the new SKR 2 have a new wifi socket and use better wifi than the older 32 bit boards. For the SKR 1.3, SKR 1.4, SKR pro, and of the MKS boards and all the TFT's that have that 8 pin wifi header all we could do was the ESP-01S module. This painfully slow and limited guy right here:

ESP-01S WIFI Module ESP8266 For SKR PRO TFT35 – Biqu Equipment

But for the new boards there is a header that looks kind like the stepper motor driver sockets but the pins are a bit wider apart. These new boards will take either the ESP-07S here:

BTT ESP-07S Module – Biqu Equipment

Or the ESP-12S module. The new Octopus board uses a 180mhz processor and with the upgraded wifi capabilities I am anxious to see if this option is now functional. Because lord knows the ESP-01s was more proof of concept than a functional thing. Anyways I bought 2 of these ESP-12S modules as they are pretty cheap and I will report back here just as soon as I get one up and going and have something to share about it:

BIGTREETECH ESP8266 – Biqu Equipment