Hello. I have 4 3d printers that range in build size from my Monoprice select mini to my Tevo Black Widow. While I commonly suggest others to choose their printer by it's frame another really good point is to pick the right size printer. I know a lot of people think bigger is better but bigger is also sloppier. And if you are going to print something requiring the accuracy of a finely printed small face then maybe having large spanses across gantries and a large heat bed with sections that have warped slightly are gonna hurt you. If you are printing small figurines then maybe a small printer like the monoprice select mini would bring you the best possible results. Your printer should only be as big as it needs to be for the best results in accuracy of your prints. Especially if you are printing small finely detailed things.

For figurines you should use a small printer, a gear reduced extruder, and a 0.2mm nozzle with ~0.05mm layer height. Or that is how i would try to print my accurate little figurine, anyways.

Also ABS releases a toxic gas when it melts and for this reason is much better suited for commercial or industrial uses rather than home and hobby. Most I think are going with the petg today for the higher melting temp filaments. It is safer to work with in your home.