Close

Threaded View

Student
    The Pro version has tools to automate a lot of it. So when you're done, you should have a completely closed mesh. If you have outlier data, there are tools to cut all of that away. Also, just bump up the resolution to like 1k before fusing everything together, and your model should have a lot of detail.

What you "can" do... and I really don't suggest doing this, but if you have the free version of DLScanner, and a ton of outlier data, and nothing is working for you at all, you can align your scans using Meshlab. Trim everything away using Meshlab's tools, and then bring everything into ZBrush as either one subtool or separate merged subtools, and then dynamesh them all together as one object. I'd suggest keeping the resolution above 400 (but then again, it depends on how large your object is).

If you hit Subtool ->Split ->Split to Parts, the outlier information should become separate groupings that you can just delete out really easily. This is all to say that you DON'T have the Pro version of DLScanner (but do have ZBrush). So, that's a work-around. A bit of a headache, but at least one method of maintaining the quality of your geometry.

I'm not sure what software you're using to edit your models though, so this is all just guesswork....
    Last edited by CreativeCoPilot; 10-24-2013 at 03:16 PM.