Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Marked out and drilled prinbed today. Then decided might as well attach printbite. Keeps it safe and flat. I'll wait to attach the silicon heatpad till I'm messing about with the board and motors and the like. Keep it protected till I need it.

Corner piece with belt pulley and prototype carriage - purely for getting wheel spacing correct.

Not really a desktop printer ;-)

I know what you're thinking. 'Those bolt holes don't line up with the grooves in the struts.
    Nope, were never meant to.
    The bed will be mounted on 5mm bolts, that will be spring loaded and attached to very solid bases that will bolt directly into the struts.
    This will give me more versatility in levelling and should keep the plastic mounts cool even with very long print runs (which is what this monster is for).

Right off to design feet :-)

OH yeah, ordered 5 metres of 3mm bungee cord for a different project and then thought. That would be ideal for suspending the flying extruder. As it's not rubber, shouldn't rot and will be real easy to attach. Figure push measured amount through 2.5mm hole, and fix in place with small cable tie.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-15-2018 at 02:54 PM.