I created the bar in FreeCad. I used Maya 2014 to properly size the bar, and then move it into place, before merging the two objects. I then imported the object into a third program to make it a true .STL. What I really need is a program that I can use to do all of this. I like the look of the Autodesk - especially since they created Maya, which I'm already at least somewhat familiar with. My main problem with it is that you can't simply "buy" the software; you have to subscribe month by month, and that could get VERY expensive. I wouldn't mind spending $200-$300, but I only want to do it once.

My problem with FreeCad was the lack of being able to freely move within the three-dimensional environment (i.e., panning around the object(s)). Do you know if Fusion360 will do most of what I'm looking for? Yes, I know I'd have to model stuff (on the figures); but IF I could do it (as if I were working with clay), I know I could accomplish what I want. I was able to do this with a character in Maya, so it should be available in other editors as well.