The printer is still in the design phase, hence no pictures. You can check out pictures of the original GUS and a revision done a while ago by jfriessen to get an idea of what it'll look like. I'm doing a redesign to move the motors off the arms and have them stationary in the base, and some other minor tweaks. I should be putting together the mill I need to make the frame and bed in the next two months or so, once that's done I can build the printer itself.

The firmware is TBD. No firmware (as far as I'm aware) supports the GUS Simpson kinematics, and I have an auto calibration routine in mind to help compensate for any inaccuracies from the printed parts used for the printer which I'll probably need to code myself. The controller will be 8 bit for cost reasons and I'm tossing up between Marlin and Repetier. Marlin seems to support a lot more new features, but I hear the code base has gotten a bit less beginner friendly due to all the different people who have contributed. I hear repetier has a cleaner code base. That aside, I've also heard some people have had better luck (less stutter/pauses) with repetier on deltas than with marlin. I've also heard some say there is no difference, but I haven't heard people say they've had better luck with marlin so I'm inclined to think there is something to it.