Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Okay so here are the shaft ends. I'm using 8mm carbon fibre shafts. The internal diameter is 6mm but a bit haphazard, so i decide to make the shaft end a cap rather than an insert as the 8mm outer diameter is a lot more consistent.

Once I've got the shafts the right length I'll glue the magnets in the ends and the ends to the shafts.

On the software reverse engineering end - not a hope in hell. Even with tracking down ALL the files and registry entries, it still won't work.

So tonight I'm 'playing' with virtual machines in the hope I can run the original os setup on the new machine.

Give that the new machine runs amd and windows 7 and the original was intel and an early windows 10 - the odds are not great lol
    Currently using a paragon tool to convert the vhd image to run in oracles virtual box. On the positive side the paragon software didn't say it couldn't do it.
    Fingers crossed.

Well hot diggity damn !
    It freaking works !!!!
    Colour me happy lol

Even on my basic workshop machine with just 2 gb I can run a virtual windows 10 quite happily :-)
    The clients machine has 4gb and amuch batter processor (32 bit os) so should run this at least as quick as the original 8 year old machine.

The impossible I can do immediately, miracles take a little longer :-)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 11-14-2017 at 03:01 PM.