I think it'll have jamming issues. Those swap-able hotends that come with the filament cartridges don't look like they have significant cooling measures. If there is something more substantial to do the job on the printer I imagine changing the hotend will be a pain in order to get good thermal contact with the heatsink. Imagine you had to fully swap out your hotend after each half roll. Worse yet, imagine having to swap out your hotend 20 mins into a print because it jammed, and then have to send it back to the manufacturer, with the filament you bought (but probably wont get back) to be un-jammed. Probably for a fee.

These guys took proprietary to a whole new level, way beyond cartridges and proprietary filament. They've taken every measure to make sure you can only use their filament by tying each roll to the (proprietary) hotend itself. You can't just respool the filament or hack the chip in the cartridge because you still have to dance around the hotend that's tied to the cartridge.

Come to think of it, if the cartridge just has a bowden tube coming out of it and into the hotend, where's the extruder? Don't tell me it's in the cartridge.... But you guys are right, hats off to marketing for getting it funded.