Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I'm beginning to hate stuff without manuals.

So the new board seems fine, talks to the computer to the extent I can access the card on the board through the computer.
    Firmware seems to works and I can talk to it through repetier host.

But the fracking touch screen does not come on. The one thing I had absolutely no issues with on the board that i couldn't get firmware on.

There are two jumpers, I have tried both in both positions. No difference. I think one changes steps from 16 to 32. The other is labelled 3v3 and 5v and doesn't seem to make any difference whichever it is in.
    AAAARRRGGGHHHHHH !!!!

I will try the cheapo lcd now.

Well that powers up - but doesn't display anything and through the little speaker it sounds like a ghost screaming.

Is it me or what ?

Oh yeah the cheapo lcd doesn't work in the other board either.
    See if I can find any info. Autowhiz he just plugs the screen into the board and it works. I wish, lol

So I had a thought (it occasionally happens) maybe becasue the sbase is a bit bigger and has more oomph, the screen will only work when the boards is hooked up to 12v.
    I was right. Fired up right away :-)
    So that's good.

Also the smoothieware comes with a really good manual that explains what you measure and how to get the arm lengths and spacing settings correct.
    With pictures no less !

So that's all good :-)

Cheapo lcd screen still just screams. Figure that's doa and write it off.
    When i take alexa apart for the mosfet I'll try it on her. But pretty sure it's a goner.
    Board works, that's what counts :-)

So I better get on and build the rest !

oh yeah heres' the two boards side by side (kinda)
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 10-25-2017 at 11:18 AM.