The tooth profile is cycloidal rather than involute which you're probably used to, which is why they would look weird. Cycloidal gears have a rolling point of contact rather than the sliding point of contact involutes have. This reduces friction and wear which is my primary concern in this application. Their downsides include a non constant pressure angle, which means you get non constant power transmission. Since I'm only using these gears to locate and register two mating parts, and not to transfer power, this downside isn't an issue.

They don't mount to a motor shaft or anything, they are mounted to two limbs and are used to register the arms against each other. The gears are used to make sure the two arms they're attached to move symmetrically and are fully constrained, not transfer motion. Have a look for the GUS simpson 3d printer and you'll see how they're used. If you used smooth cams, the cams could slide along each other and the motion would not be properly constrained.

Anyways, I wasn't asking for how weird the gears looked to you, I could have given you the same examples with an involute profile so they look 'normal'. I was asking about which type of chamfer you thought looked best aesthetically.