Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    They look like good magnets.

Hot end arrived this morning. All the way from malaysia.
    Good bit of kit - the actual hot part is all metal.
    But I really need to start looking at pictures and youtube videos before I buy such expensive things (lol). No mounting hole. Needs a sort of neck clamp which I'll need to build into the effector.
    Other than that for £6.58 - Looks good.
    The heater block is identical to the he3d - just the heatbreak which is different, looks a bit more efficient too. Nozzles are interchangeable.

As far as I know on a brief perusal - the wifi module allows you to upload files directly to the sdcard and start printing from the sdcard.
    Not sure if it lets you remotely monitor the ongoing print or not.
    If it doesn't at the moment - then future firmware updates for the screen will most likely let you.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-printer...QAAOSwAuNW2qq~

I'm sure s3d has a network printer option somewhere. Vaguely remember finding it a while back.

The printbite is going to easily be the most expensive part - around £60 delivered. However it does look like i can add my own custom graphic to it. Which ameliorates the cost a little.
    That's probably going to push me over £300 and nearer £350. Although currently only on £164 - still a fair few bits to buy.
    c'est la vie.
    The interesting thing is, that although I'm doing this as cheaply as I can - it's going to be a really serious bit of kit.
    The 'bells and whistles' seem to be standard on even cheap kit these days.

Oh yeah the super mini bb marble run. Does not work. The screw just won't lift the balls.
    Shame as it'd be a cool cheap print to sell.

Might load the screw into openscad and resize it properly. It prints with gaps and they trap the bb's and stop it turning.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 08-12-2017 at 12:30 PM.