Close

Threaded View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Be careful how you insult people.
    aardvark, you consistently suggest simplify3d to customers looking for cheap printers. And to that I firmly say WTF? And I see no reason why I should "be careful" about feeling that way, I respect you and I have insulted no one. Just pointed out how your advice looks when it is the same advice given to everybody. Have you personally used repetier host? Recently like since the 2.0 update?

"But if you're going to buy just one piece of software in your 3d printing lifetime - it should be simplify 3d."

I totally agree with that but to someone who might have been uneasy about coming off the $200 for the ebay printer this is a terrible point to make. If you are chasing the best quality you are not going to start with a cheap printer(Unless you are me). And if you have a cheap printer and double your investment with software alone, you are going to be horribly let down with the quality of your prints for your investment. Advice should be a dynamic thing. dependant on each individual case, wouldn't you agree?

And just a final thought, I like the things I paid for in life better than the things that were given to me. Does that mean they are better or that I have more appreciation for the things I had to work for? Just to keep it all in perspective. I don't think side by side that simplify3d is $150 BETTER than repetier. It is definitely better. It sure does have a couple extra features that are nice. like some of the options for support structures. But it is hardly a $150 increase in quality, quantity, or even ease of use.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 07-05-2017 at 05:00 PM.