Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    not wifi - BUT !
    you can buy a wifi sd card and use that - I've never managed to get mine to work - but apparently that's down to the early model I bought. Plus all 3 of my printers are within 5 feet of the workshop computer.
    Plenty of people do use a wifi enabled sd card with a 3d printer (actually a super mini linux computer)
    I'll keep that in mind

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Not sure if plugging it into the printer network usb socket on a router will work - 3d printers don't usually identify themselves as plug and play devices to routers.
    But hey, can't hurt to try :-)
    Yeah i was thinking the same

Engineer
    IF you are interested in using the Toshiba FlashAir SD card (version 3) with the QiDi, I can vouch for the Toshiba cards functionality with the QiDi Tech 1 and S3D under Windows. Here is a link for some in-depth info on how to configure it.
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ped-in-Windows IMO it requires a bit more complex setup than is typical, but it only need be performed once. It makes for a sweet setup. You mount the FlashAir card from Windows, then "save" the file to that location directly from S3D. After the first use, S3D remembers the file location for the next use.