Close

Threaded View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    I don't mean specifically going back to a GEEETech. We are half way through 2017 and there are much bigger printers out there that let us design and build much bigger things. Like the Tevo Black Widow, or the creality CR-10. But if you are quick to toss in the towel than I fear 3d printing as a whole is going to be flawed for you. This hobby is all about patience and chasing perfection and taking time to work/ iron out bugs. And I say hobby because one visit to ebay and/or thingiverse should set you straight on your ideas about financial gain from something that every tom, dick, and harry is doing right now. 3d designs are shared and downloaded for free and printed items sell for such a cheap price that it almost doesn't warrant the time and wear on the machine it took to make the item. There are always exceptions but this is the market right now.

As a rule of thumb the printers that you have to build or assemble yourself will always take to the upgrades and modifications better. And that is important as time wears on and you identify imperfections in your prints. To have the ability to do something to correct your print quality is very much worth having. You also end up with a good working knowledge of the printer and all its parts right out of the gate. And this knowledge really helps down the road when you start chasing better print quality.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 07-04-2017 at 11:36 AM.