Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Laser aside for the time being. My little 25mmx10mm fan arrived.
    Hooke dit up to the 12v fan socket on the board. Used the fan speed slider in simplify3d - yep, fan works and has variable speed and a fair bit of airflow - excellent !
    What i want to do is fit it on top of the extruder carriage, with a slimline duct going down through the gap between the arm attach sockets.

The issue is how to attach it to the extruder carriage.
    If I drill a couple of new holes I can bolt it from the bottom. Just comtemplating loading the carriage stl into openscad and doing some modifications and print a new carriage with different holes. Did contemplate adding the duct to the carriage, but that means you can't print it flat. And flat is crucial.
    Stay tuned :-)

Definitely going with redesigned carriage, and will try and make a clip on setup so the fan and duct just clip on for ease of removal, adjustment, improvement etc.

Going to be a busy night :-)

you know how difficult it is to measure amounted carriage ? very.
    So printing out a spare carriage to measure and try things out with.

Probably my biggest issue with openscad is that there is no way to measure an imported object.
    Seems like it would be a simple thing to add as the model contains that information, just needs to be a tab where you can access it.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-26-2017 at 03:27 PM.