Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    yes but just pm wendy and give her your email address, she'll send it to you.
    Actually I'll stick it on my thingiverse page. Print it fairly dense and make sure you get zero warp.
    There ya go. It's on my k200 page.
    Oh yeah I also enlarged it by 1% and the bolt holes were pretty much bang on. Tight, but you could still turn the bolt to engage the hexagonal nut.
    He3d had actually drilled their holes after printing. So I figured a little extra room was probably needed :-)

Now I am currently super excited and there's nobody here I can tell who will understand why !!!!

She WILL PRINT FLEXIBLES !!!!!!!!
    Yes she will :-)))))))))))))

So I started easy with polyflex.
    20mm/s - ha !
    I topped out at 60mm/s - no problem.
    That is to say I stopped testing at 60 - there was no obvious difference in print quality between the 20 and 60 print.

On the makerbot clones 30-40 is as fast as I can print polyflex.
    Yep the bowden printer prints flexibles FASTER than the direct drive machines. Ain't life grand :-)

I'm currently printing with filaflex, is she bothered ? Not my Alexa !
    Currently printing trolley tokens as they weigh about 1/3 of a gram but show precision quite well.
    So 20mm/s 235c - unheated bed. 0.3mm layer height.
    Yep :-) No problem !
    going to skip 30 and head straight for the heady heights of 40mm/s !
    here we go....

Just to put this into perspective I have never been able to print filaflex or ninjaflex on my makerbot clones. But because there are no gaps anywhere in the feed system on Alexa where the filament can bend or get tangled. the only way it can go is out the extruder. I have the top feed tube right down to the hobbed bolt and the teflon tube I actually sanded slightly so that it actually goes a tiny way into the feed tube.

Okay 40mm/s is looking a bit 'ruff'.
    So that's fine. I reckon she'll do 25-30 without any problems.

That said the final token doesn't look awful. But I'll stick to 25 I think for the ninja and filaflex. But because this stuff sticks to just about anything like glue, you can up the first layer speed to 50% which saves a lot of time.
    (a little later) actually I'm doing my first proper filaflex print, 25mm/s and decided to do the first layer at 100% Plus I usually print these things at 0.2 layer height and 3 layers. This one I'm doing at 0.3 and 2 layers. Cuts it from 2.5 hours down to 30 minutes.

My delta prints filaflex :-)

I need to get that on at-shirt - talk about nerd-wear :-)

The white ones are the different speed polyflex and the 2 red ones are filaflex. The good one was 20mm/s the slightly dodgy one 40mm/s.

Don't forget I'm using the 0.5mm nozzle. But i can't see there being a problem with any of the smaller sizes.

@s550stang - wow, that is some job on the bike ! And come on ! A delta that prints even the wobbliest flexible filaments - the prusa is slower has way more movement and vibration and doesn't look anywhere near as cool as a delta plus the prusa has a lot more to go wrong with it. It's a no brainer ;-)

@number40fan - any questions, let me know.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-16-2017 at 05:04 PM.