Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    It sort of is. But smaller and easier to fit.
    These are specifically designed fior the 6mm gt2 timing belts.
    But, yep basically the same design :-)

So after checking cables, swapping cables and testing, I'm 100% certain I have a dead stepper motor, well terminally ill anyway. It tries to turn but there's just no oomph there. It will bring the carriage down, but not up. And I'm pretty sure it started to die immediately after my first print.
    Changing over connections on the board makes no difference (well it confuses the hell out of it as the wrong endstops are being hit) so it's not the stepper controller or the cable.
    Sigh. Given that they are the most awkward part to fit, it bloody would be wouldn't it.
    What do these things cost ?

Well that was interesting. https://www.amazon.co.uk/XCSOURCE-4-...=stepper+motor
    1 stepper motor was £9.99 with amazon prime next day delivery (which i have)
    Promotion, buy 2 get 1 free. So I bought 2.
    Get to checkout and total cost is £5.99 - makes no sense, but I am not arguing :-)
    So that's £5.99 for TWO stepper motors and I should get them tomorrow.

I am so looking forward to fitting it - NOT !
    :-)

It's also the motor on the x axis and all my prints have been mirror reversed on the x-axis.
    Wondering if the thing could somehow have been causing that as well.

Guess I will find out.

Hmm, wonder if I should get another couple - at that price it seems almost daft not to.
    I'll wait to see if they fit and work first I think.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 06-09-2017 at 01:39 PM.