Close

Threaded View

Very cool, thank you for the info and comparisons of the boards. Right now I am not really planning on any high detail projects, never realy been my thing, so I may stick with the 1.8° nema 17's I was planning on getting since they are also 24v and on sale for $3 from an Electronics Surplus recycler I deal with. I will do a bit more research into some of the boards. Also that Mega 2560 I have is not a clone, so i have faith in its quality. I also have the LCD and touch screens for it but not sure I can configure those for this as I am still learning how to use them aswell but, you know. If i can do full car stereo systems integrating the Logic7 amp on a brand new BMW or the full fiber optic amps of a Mercedes, Im sure I can do this too Yes, I work at a high end car stereo shop and am "that crazy project guy"

I was always planning on 24v and I did want to use the Trinamic drivers and Digikey has them for $8 so its almost a no brainer there. just glad to have conformation on that part from someone with more experience in this topic then me

One question i do have is has anyone ever used a chain drive to run multiple lead screws for the Z axis from a single stepper? This is mainly a curiosity question as I see man of the CoreXY machines with only 2 leadscrews each driven by separate motors. In my mind i see this as a point of failure due to possibility of things losing timing with each other (I also do a lot of sunroof repair and deal with issues like this constantly) For this reason the current idea in my head is 1 motor with a chain system running 2-3 lead screws for the build platform for stability. Im sure its just my mind thinking in terms outside of what I might actually encounter.
    Last edited by OutcastZeroOne; 05-07-2017 at 01:13 AM.