Close

Threaded View

Well, you guys have given me a lot to think about.

I have a friend who is fairly involved in 3D printing and a young little genius, into robotics and math that makes my head spin and so on. He was kind enough to print out some samples for me yesterday at 200, 160 and 100 micron Z resolutions and they were far better than I expected. I think 100 micron max resolution will be fine for what I have to do.

Curious Aardvark (what do people call you? Curious, Aardvark, CA?) - yes, you're right about my schedule. I have 5 months to finish this whole project (which involves much more than the 3D printed details) - I need a product that is ready to ship. I'd prefer a company that's well established with good tech support and customer service and readily available spare parts and all of that. BoozeKashi, I'm sure I might get a better value from a new crowdfunded product, but I don't think I have that luxury.

The samples I was given were done on a Printrbot and a Makerfront. What are people's opinions of those two brands?

BoozeKashi, I'll also research the Wanhao D7.

My friend seems to think the FlashForge Creator Pro is the way to go. At this point that and the Klic-n-Print are the ones I'm leaning toward. Curious Aardvark, do I understand you correctly that the company that makes the Klic-n-Print is getting out of the 3D printer business? That concerns me.

Thanks again, folks, and I'm very open to more suggestions if anyone has them.

ETA: is the Flashforge Creator Pro also a Replicator Dual clone like the Klic-n-Play? Is the major difference between the the price and the enclosed case?
    Last edited by Jeff B; 04-08-2017 at 03:00 PM.