Thank you, Boozekashi, that is very helpful. Yes you're right, I'll be doing historical architectural models. Most of what I will have to model is rectilinear. My concern is whether I can do things like shallow horizontal grooves (like grooves to represent clapboard siding, or grooves between stones in stone walls) where the top of the groove is at 90 degrees but only maybe 300 microns deep.
I think I'm going to try to minimize the issue by aligning thins so that highly detailed surfaces print horizontally. But I know there will be instances where that can't happen 100%.

You're also right that my models will not be mechanical. However - I'm modeling in the final 1/160th scale, converting inches to metric, and where I can, I might as well try to keep things in sensible 100 micron units to minimize the averaging the machine will have to do. I did do my first piece at an arbitrary Imperial scale and convert it but from here out I think I'll work in the finished scale.

Yes, I've seen many versions of those Eiffel Towers - Amazing! Thanks again for your feedback.