Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I make a lot of stuff for round the house.
    Also stuff for friends who turn up with a bit of broken pastic and say: 'can you make one of these'.

Adaptors, brackets fair bit of stuff for my dads shooting.
    Last project was a stand for a 400 year old carved coral sling bullet I got from a guy from guam at the recent international slingers convention in mallorca.
    Made a laser engraved plaque insert as well. It's made from colorfabbs wood filament.
    Not the best picture as I was using my tablet. It's not slanted either that's just one of thoise perspective things:

There's generally something that needs designing or fixing.
    Next project is a colostomy bag holder for a friend's partners wheelchair.

I've made stuff going from small battery compartment covers for my dads hand warmers - so far the only thing I've had to use a support with - all the way up large rubber bungs for my mates new roof gutter system and heavy duty telescopic legs for a wooden garden trough that had to go on a slanted bit of garden.

Also made some crumb scrapers for the local tech college restaurant - they've all gone 'walkabout' despite my putting the restaurant name on them. So they need some more of those.
    The second batch they'll have to pay for :-)

There's a distinct lack of commercial jobs, but on the domestic front there's always something to keep openscad and my brain working :-)
    And the way I figure it the more people around here who know what I can do, the more chance there is of a decent paying job turning up eventually.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 03-23-2017 at 06:42 AM.