Close

Threaded View

And the great help just keeps on coming - thks

Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    Just some food for thought, off the top of the Make home page: http://makezine.com/2012/04/05/how-t...-refractories/

I've heard Rhino (???) mentioned before for jewelry making, ... you might be ahead financially to buy a small printer ( I can't see you needing 8" bed sizes) yourself. The cost of a half dozen Shapeways prints might add up to the cost of a small printer.
    Make, what a wonderful resource. I've already bookmarked it for frequent visits. A castable refractory is an interesting option. I checked out Rhino and downloaded the trial version to explore.

I agree that until I get my 3D act together, a small printer makes sense. The FlashForge line appeals to me from reviews, demos, and marketing videos; plus this forum's banner about the FlashForge Dreamer has me leaning that way. That decision is based more on gut than knowledge.

Should anyone have suggestions on better suited printers in the $500-650 range, I'd appreciate input. This printer purchase would let me learn, experiment, and gain experience until I can make informed business purchases.

Last edited by artbyamm; 02-08-2017 at 02:34 PM. Reason: grammar