Quote Originally Posted by jeffmorris View Post
The Powerspec Ultra 3D is Flashforge Dreamer clone, not any replicator clone. You have to use slicer profile for Flashforge Dreamer. I recommend Simplify3D software ($150).
Thanks for the responses.

Yes that's correct it is a clone of Dreamer. And to the fellow who asked if I read the instructions.... I feel like saying "what instructions"... this product is not well supported with any explanations AFAICT. Also, Google hits specifically about this product are surprisingly rare. But it seems like a good value: $599 for a two extruder printer.

Thank you Jeff for that advice. But I was surprised that Slicer (that came with the unit on the SD card) and the Slic3r that I downloaded from the web, both did the same thing. They showed my STL model seemingly just fine, but seemed to not be able to make g-code out of it. Not just incompatible with my printer but obviously a 6K gcode file cannot be enough code for a complex model that was much much bigger in STL and SKP format.

It seems funny to me that Slic3r didn't say something like "unable to convert" instead of producing some tiny little output and with no indication anything is wrong. BTW you can also "preview" in Slic3r the output, and it was obviously some pitiful little sputter... didn't look anything like my input.

So I'm going to take your advice and spend $150 on Simplify3d.