Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
Exactly, I have had this happen. When from red to yellow with the "traditional" run the new stuff right in on top of the old. After numerous prints I was still getting contamination. Figured out an unload method that works great and the yellow came out with red on it.

Have you guys determined a length of ptfe for the standard QIDI setup? I am just using what QIDI send with the nozzles.
Do you have a supply of tubing to cut? Every piece I have seen is short so you will need to cut your own. Don't go by length, Just insert about 35mm of tubing in the nozzle and thermal tube outside of the heater block. Put tubing in and see how much gap it creates between the nozzle and thermal tube. Cut off some until you get the tiniest gap between nozzle and thermal tube.

Next reassemble, every hot end from every clone manufacturer does this wrong. Fully thread the thermal tube into the heater block first and tighten it up. Then tighten the nozzle into the block/thermal tube. It will hang down further when doing this so be sure to lower bed some.