Close

Threaded View

Mcor Iris HD vs Projet 660

Have been looking at 3D color printers for some time now. There seems to be only 2 options for me on the market right now unless i have missed something? Mcor Iris HD or projet 660. My main application is archeology and reconstructions/visualizations. My company is specialized in documenting shipwrecks and is developing a method for underwater photogrmetry. Currently we are working on the shipwreck Mars sunk in 1564 read more in this national Geographic article http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ology-science/

We have been documenting the site for 2 years now capturing more than 20 000 images to produce a 3D model of never before seen detail under water. The example image shows a slice of the wreck site prepared for 3D print. Our goal is to print the entire site in scale 1:10 or 1:20 which means the model will be 4m-2 m long. This of course will be super expensive to print. I have been researching different printers and the only ones that seem to be able to do the job is 3D systems projet or Mcor Iris HD. What would be the best choice for a print job like this? Projet material is very expensive and the Mcore uses cheap paper. What about the print quality? Does the Projets have better print and color quality do you think. Also the Mcore is cheaper to buy at around 45 000 USD: My main concern with the Mcor would be printing small details and holes and crevasses in the model. Will un used material be stuck in crevasses in the complicated model?
    Attached Images Attached Images