Close

Threaded View

Banned

Printer performing 'jerk' moves randomly mid print

So I finally got the printer to work with the new marlin becdac firmware.

I noticed, that during the print, at pretty periodic intervals, the machine head will move to one of its new locations and right before it gets to that new location, it stops right before and then POPS into the location. The print head ends up landing where it needs to, but instead of decelerating in a linear fashion, it decelerates and then seems to just perform a jerk move to attain its new position. This only started happening with the new firmware.

My print speed is around 120mm/s and accelerations are 1100. It was able to handle this just fine with the old firmware.

It doesnt do it every single layer, and sometimes it does not do it for a while and then does it a couple times periodically and stops. I feel like maybe it could be too high an acceleration, but if that were the case, it would be doing it non stop. So accel is fine, in fact I used to run 1500 with no problems.

The funny thing is, it does the same exact thing during a G28 right when the head moves to the bed center to begin the z home, it will move to center and in the middle of the motion just POP and continue. These pops are not mechanical, nothing is binding.

What could this be?

Forgot to add, the only thing that changed was the firmware.

Thank you
    Last edited by DBFIU; 06-12-2015 at 02:31 AM.