Close

Threaded View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    it's on kickstarter - so you've got at least 12 months before anyone knows whether it's any good or not.

The question is: do you want an actual real printer now ?
    Or a virtual one in 1-2 years time ?
    I say virtual as many kickstarter printers either fold before main production or just trundle on with delays and 'improvements' for years, never quite getting to the point of sending printers to all the people who gave them money.

The duo looks good - but then the point of a kickstarter campaign is to make the product look good.

Personally owning a 3d printer I wouldn't now be without one (checked out my pop up awning yesterday, needed a new coupler clip. I've now got a design file and can make spare couplers in 40 minutes - even made mine stronger than the originals). So I'd opt for the buying one now approach.
    You can always get a tiko later - if they actually manage to go full production.

The duo looks good - but you can't buy one now.

There are any number of virtual printers out there you can throw money at. Me I'd get a cheap replicator clone now. And put a few euros/pounds/bucks aside every month for when the kickstarter machines actually stop being virtual and become real.
    Last edited by curious aardvark; 04-28-2015 at 05:11 AM.