Close

Threaded View

Student

Question Getting my Flashforge Creator current

Bought it direct through Amazon seller a couple years ago. Firmware is 7.3. I make most of my designs in Blender, export STL, clean up in Netfab Studio Basic 4.9, load in Repetier Host 0.9C for slicing and preview with Slic3r 0.9.10b, export gcode, convert to x3g with ReplicatorG 0040, copy x3g to SD card and print. What a pain.. Looking for a better way!

I like the way Slic3r works vs. Skeinforge, especially for fill, skits, etc., but there was no preview. Repitier Host has a preview and works with Slic3r, but has issues with the gcode export requiring a minor edit before exporting. I work around it and get things done, but it sure is a hassle. What should I be using today?

I want to dual extrude and have the kinds of features available in Slic3r for fill, skirts, support, and so on, and a good preview of the extrusion path. Dual extrusion also, which I've yet to make work. I looked at Simplify3D but don't like the dongle requirement, or the $140 price tag. Is there better firmware? A better way of getting from STL to extrusion?

Any advice appreciated!
    Last edited by printer_smog; 03-07-2015 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Fixed paragraphs - scripting must be enabled