Hello,

I am interested in benefitting from the features of the Sailfish firmware for my FF Creator. I ran into a bit of a snag and would like some direction please.

I am using ReplicatorG Sailfish - 0040r28 in a Mac (10.10.1).

I've tried RepG profile setup:
  • Machine type - Replicator 2 w/ HBP (I've tried all of the Replicator profiles with no success).
  • Connecting via USB
  • Upload New Firmware/ FlashForge Creator 1,2, and X/ Sailfish 7.7 (r1432)

** ReplicatorG does recognize my bot**

I have a few issues when trying to install the firmware to my bot:
  • Initially the upload will not initiate and a dialogue window says something along the lines of - need to reset bios on bot... I can't reproduce this result for an accurate description because I now keep getting the issue in bullet 2
  • ReplicatorG will not fully launch unless I completely reboot my computer. The icon just bounces forever in the dock and I need to force quit
  • or, I'll get this after I reboot and attempt again - After selecting "Upload," I get a spinning beachball, and I need to force-quit.

Has anyone had success getting this installed on their FF Creator? I've researched that this firmware is much better, but unfortunately it seems buggy and inconsistent just trying to install.

I've been through the install documentation here: http://www.makerbot.com/sailfish/setup/

Please help, or maybe redirect me to another thread where this has been addressed elsewhere.

Thanks,
WK