Hi all,

I have recently thought about purchasing a 3D printer to make some building models. I currently use Autodesk Revit to produce 3d cad drawings of buildings, and would like to start printing these out. This would be my first 3D printer so I do not want to spend too much in case I don't end up getting into the printing side of things all too much. I am looking at spending at most $1500, and therefore have thought the Flashforge Creator would best suit my needs, would this be a good choice? The main things I would want are great detail, ease of use, and good size of the printed model. I also have some questions in relation to the software that the printer comes with to print. These questions are:

1. If I want to print a model larger in size than the machine will fit, I know I can split the model and print it in a number of prints - would I have to do this within Revit, or can this be done in the printers 3D software?
2a. If I have to do this within my software (Revit) when I import it to the printer software, will the printer import it to the correct scale, so if I do 5 different imports they will all be the same scale and therefore print correctly, or will each of the 5 imports import in and print to the largest size possible of that machine? Can I scale down prints to a specified scale?
2b. If I can specify the splits with the printer software, will this keep printing automatically once I take the previous print out?
3. If splitting a model, can the software add joins to each split so when they are all printed I can join them together, or would I have to add a join manually to each split within revit?

Thanks for any help, I look forward to hearing responses and any other information you might have.