I want to start a new thread here, but this is partly associated with my post earlier about jams which seem to be related to retraction issues.

In an effort to try some things differently, I sliced a few of my designs with Cura and printed them this afternoon. One of them did great, although I noticed that even though I had set the support settings, it did not create on support where I thought it should. I believe that Slicer has a max bridge setting, but I am not finding that in Cura. Am I just missing it somewhere?

Cura has a setting, like Slicer, to widen the first layer. Except that in Cura, it does not work as I expected and as it seemed to in Slicer. In Slicer, the extruder seemed to actually extrude a little extra filament and made the lines wider. In Cura, setting the Initial Layer Line Width to a larger percentage just makes the same width lines, but farther apart. Setting it back closer to 100% and the lines are tighter.

In Cura, I set the retraction to on and 1.5mm. I set the minimum extrusion before retracting to 1.5mm. I enabled combing. It does not appear to me that any retraction is occurring at all. The up side to this, is that, so far, my filament jam problem has not reappeared.

Any advice appreciated.