Close

Threaded View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by basfud View Post
    Hi all, I own a Flashforge and had same problems with the original filament as well. Using 3rd party filament now instead. Original filament was leaving a gooey resin-like residue that would stick to everything and smelled like soldering rosin.

Geoff,
    You can get the brass tip only for under $10, or get it customly machined for a similar price. Look for a workshop that does lathe and milling work and show them the element, they should measure it and make it just alike. If you're buying online, check for nozzle diameter, external screw diameter, and internal diameter, where the PTFE tube goes into.
    Same with the teflon tube that goes in in the stainless steel tube, if it's burnt you can buy it on eBay, just measure the diameter and length.

If you can't find those things online drop me a PM.

Flashforge is a Chinese company, they kind of are like that. They will do everything to support the customers, but never EVER admit any mistakes on their side. Love it or leave it I guess. Still, I love my Flashforge a lot, it's a brilliant construction, in my opinion it has the best price/quality ratio, and I've worked on a few machines, both repraps and makerbot-style.

If any of you have problems with one of the heads hitting the model, they may not be levelled properly. Loosen one of them by untightening a small screw on the aluminum they go into, and push it up/down to level it, using levelled build plate for reference.
    Nah, they do admit mistakes, like I mean the filament was not really something they could deny, so I can't comment on other things other people may have experienced, but they did come good in the end and replace it, sure the new roll was a nightmare, but the filament itself was OK, and even though I had to fix a billion filament jams on the reel, I eventually got through most of it.

Yeah the heads hitting the model, there is a thread here for, pretty common prob for the dual head machines - something I need to adjust for constantly due to an extremely warped aluminium heat bed (but it's always been a bit wonky) pain in the butt sometimes.

I know the nozzles are cheap, but I am a stubborn person. I don't know maybe it was the way I was brought up, the nozzles are so cheap, they could have sent me one simply for the trouble of proving their filament was faulty, and not only faulty, but machine breaking faulty. Now I am at the point where I literally bought a different machine last week, so we're way beyond a free sympathy nozzle.

Was it a one off? who knows, but this wasn't any ordinary filament.... this was the filament from hell...

im3age.jpg

Having already spent money on a new dual extruder my reluctance to buy even a nozzle shouldn't seem all that odd, plus now I have a new Jhead which looks like an awesome extruder, is it better? i'll find out soon.
    Last edited by Geoff; 07-29-2014 at 05:16 AM.