Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help! Makerbot mini printing warped parts

Hello. I'm new to 3-D printing. I just recently purchased an used maker bot mini. When I got it the build plate was cracked off in the front I was able to glue back together.and subsequently have done my prints behind the crack line on the off chance the crack seem being uneven

I've done some test prints and I'm getting these warped bubbly prints.but the mirror side of the print it seems to be fine clear and crisp or smooth.
    I don't know if I have a damaged unit it's the limitation of the machine or something is not calibrated right.
    I've looked through the manual looked at the maker bot website and called there customer support but not seeming to find the answer.
    Messed with some the basic parameters of maker bot desktop and I'm still getting these results.try digging online but there seems to be limited resources for the maker bot mini. Any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Need pictures, worth a thousand words and all.

Of both the bed and the prints.

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Filament material?

Follow ServiceXp On Twitter Add ServiceXp on Google+ Add ServiceXp on Thingiverse
    Looking at the printer, how many inches from the front did it break off? and what orientation were the prints on the bed?

Using makerbot PLA. The break on the build plate was at the very front of the plate, prob less then a 1'' inch broke off, clean crack. I have been printing be hide the crack line of the build plate. The orientation of the figure was facing forward to the front door of the mini. The bolt part warp side was facing the front door.

I'm also geting lots of bumps and little glop's of plastic on the prints.
    Last edited by joeq; 12-03-2015 at 10:22 PM.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Aight.... You need to specify all your settings, filament, temps, speeds. Every machine is different and acts differently. And I can't see anything wrong with any of those pics. All the prints looks fine, if you want better, you need to practice with the settings. And showing us the bed with tape on it doesn't really help with identifying if the break is at fault or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    Aight.... You need to specify all your settings, filament, temps, speeds. Every machine is different and acts differently. And I can't see anything wrong with any of those pics. All the prints looks fine, if you want better, you need to practice with the settings. And showing us the bed with tape on it doesn't really help with identifying if the break is at fault or not.
    Really? The left side of those prints are horrible?

Joeq, I agreen with Marm, I think to help we need to see all those settings. What is the make and age of the filament?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast