Quote Originally Posted by bshadown View Post
your problem is your scanning tool, up to this day theres none (at least i havent seen it yet) scanning tool that is capable of a perfect scan and make a cristal clear image of any real objetc, that been said you can either do 2 things.

1. scan and refine on any 3d desing program that you like or you use
2. start from scratch using photos for reference

THANKS! I appreciate you making that clear for me- then while moving onward from this point,

1) Which program would you suggest for refining such a scan on? Regardless of price- if I'm going to invest hours into learning a program, I want one that I can use to do this again on something similar. I've read all the pro's and cons online, I have 3Ds Max (student) and am willing to buy any others, it's just all the advice online is either by someone who's only used one software, who is selling a software, or by people considering "free" as a reason to choose one.

2) While watching videos online of how to start from scratch using photos for reference, (most programs I watch "how to design a car" in they always have blueprint photos and stand them up, etc... ) is it possible to use a 3d image, such as a lesser quality one from online, or even my rough scan as a guide? For the sake of accuracy and proportion...

3) As far as starting from scratch, is there a software that would be widely considered as one of the best choices (again, regardless of price...).

PS... I've searched, researched, and searched some more online and in all the forums, as this point I'm asking on here to get answers influenced by people's own experience...

Thanks again!