Close

Hybrid View

Bill how has your printing gone. I have struggled with the last 2 parts of the bearing top and the Camera holder.

I have issues with both warping lots and coming off the print bed. The small hand drawn supports that they have put in just seem to only live to break off and leave filament strands everywhere once they have broken at about 30 print.

All going well some extra wide blue tape that should be arriving on Tuesday may help with the prints lifting. (They stay stuck to the tape they just pull the tape off the bed if there is an edge anywhere near it. I dont have a heated bed that is big enough for either part.

The electronics for the Zum-Scan board should all be here in the next day or so so they may be done by the end of next week.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyR View Post
    Bill how has your printing gone. I have struggled with the last 2 parts of the bearing top and the Camera holder.

I have issues with both warping lots and coming off the print bed. The small hand drawn supports that they have put in just seem to only live to break off and leave filament strands everywhere once they have broken at about 30 print.
    I found that the hand drawn supports only worked for the bearing clips; on the turntable base they mostly fell apart before they could do any good. For the camera holder print they were doing the same thing, but my printer broke about a quarter of the way through the print (Bowden push fit came out of the hotend mount) and so I never printed the whole thing. While I was working on repairing my printer I redesigned it in OpenSCAD to suit the hybrid Ciclop/FreeLSS design, and made it much more printable too.

As for warping, I discovered that when trying to print parts for GUS Simpson a while ago, and upgraded to a heated bed in order to prevent it. I've never looked back; I use the heated bed even for small prints because it makes them stick so much better, and it's essential for large things like these. I was never able to get blue tape or anything else to stick well enough to resist warping.