Close

Threaded View

Engineer
    Maybe to start up, you should gather and understand what's with all the hype and overrating about the 3D printing. Pretty sure most of us who has dealt with standard FDM, SLA know the big drawback and bottleneck what stuff we can print and what we can't. Let alone the SLS and polyjet technology which is still in the industrial and I doubt you will find as many information as SLA and FDM. (<- You'll see the typical acronym in 3D printing world). P

You can understand why typical gun just can't be printed, and needs to be design specifically for 3D printing technology in order to achieve the best result.

Further, many people have been talking about 3D printing and most of them still have no clue. Even in an engineering school (Polytechnic school of Montreal), students just had no freaking clue what 3D printing is and when to use it. Yet, when they aren't well informed about the technology, they just send unprintable or poor design model.

Last tip, don't think 3D printing as "printing", think about a "fabrication process". Because as a fabrication process, it can clearly tell you what is the limitation , unlike printing which is more mythical and doesn't explain much.

Anyways, it's 3:35AM here, I don't want to write too much absurdity. Happens when I write too much at night.
    Last edited by richardphat; 01-05-2015 at 02:44 AM.