Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
X and y probe offsets must be whole numbers z offset is the only one allowed to have high accuracy
while true the firmware will use decimal values without error only the math in sanitycheck.h req integers

warning
for the advanced users
commenting out the check routine will bypass the problem BUT
make 100% sure that probe zone + offset will not crash the machine that includes hitting clips holding the glass or what not
for me all my probes are done 50mm from the edge of bed as my largest offset is 43mm (ya a lot i know working on another method using a steel pin and inductive sensor)

i'm only saying this because some people might have very sharp points on the tip of the probe they are using and precession never kilohertz lol
but you might run in to an odd error at random where is freezes on the last probe point this is a rounding problem that locks up the math loop that corrects the bed plane
in turn never returns with "ok" so it never moves reconnecting or resetting will free it while annoying it has only happen twice for me this month so apx 1:50~60 prints
this is error happens from time to time even with use of integers but no where near as offen

99.9% of marlin users just use integers.