Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    Question:

How do you manage to go about your business while carrying a concealable firearm and not have your pants fall down? I used to spend half my day hitching up my trousers when I was required to carry a S&W 38 and later a Glock 9mm.
    This is small enough that weight is not an issue:

naa-22lr.jpg

Geoff,

I wonder if there is a family link to SamThaiday the Rugby League footballer. He's from up that way, isn't he?

ROXY,
    I'm scratching my head over this one:
    "In Texas: None. Banks do not allow firearms within the building unless it is being carried by a law enforcement officer"
    To me that is an open invitation to do an armed hold-up. No one in the bank is going to be armed if you don't go in on lawmen's pay day.

OME

Quote Originally Posted by old man emu View Post
    ROXY,
    I'm scratching my head over this one:
    "In Texas: None. Banks do not allow firearms within the building unless it is being carried by a law enforcement officer"
    To me that is an open invitation to do an armed hold-up. No one in the bank is going to be armed if you don't go in on lawmen's pay day.
    Well... Remember... Things evolved to get to where they are today. A long time ago, before I was born, it was common to have armed police officers standing by the door of banks (as employees of the bank). But as society got more and more tame, and electronic surveillance got better and better, that became unnecessary. Pretty soon the bank branches would only have enough cash on hand to handle normal business during the day. If you needed a bunch of cash, you would have to schedule the withdrawal a day or two in advance. Mean while, remember the bank's safe is on a clock and can only be opened at certain times.

Then cash ATM (Automatic Teller Machines) start appearing everywhere. This makes it much less necessary for a bank to have lots of cash because the distribution of cash gets spread out everywhere. And when video surveillance became cheap and easy, banks were the first to have records of everything. Now, the banks have exploding dye packs and GPS trackers included in any money they handout during a robbery. And the police can get not only the bank's camera feeds but surveillance video from red light cameras and convenience stores in the area.

If somebody robs a bank, it is very likely there won't be a shoot out at the bank. But it is also very unlikely the robbers get very far away without being abducted. In fact, they are probably not even out of the bank before the police are informed that there is a crime in progress. So... The banks have elected to be a 'No Gun Zone'. Just as some places of worship have made the same decision. When the Concealed Carry legislation got approved in Texas, part of it was the ability of a business (like a bank for example) to declare themselves a 'No Gun Zone'.