Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Congrats! You're going to have a blast with the printer! Take your time and enjoy the build, it goes together very easily and straight forward. When assembling the extruder make sure everything aligns correctly and rotates freely. You may find you will have to do some trimming and sanding to get parts on the extruder to fit just right, but it will save you a lot of trouble down the road.

Also too, take your time and plan your wiring. It's a simple enough system to wire up, but there can be quite a few pairs, and spending some time to route them effectively and cleanly will give you an even better looking and performing system.

Oh, and lastly, pick up some cork board or some sort of insulation to put between the bed and heating element.

Have a look at print bus' thread for some good pointers: http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ld-by-Printbus

Ryan

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniMadRyan View Post
    Have a look at print bus' thread for some good pointers
    Ryan - thanks for the plug, but there are others with great ideas too. What's great about forums like this is that it brings to the table different people with different experience and goals. The more that gets shared, the easier it is for others to selectively leverage the thinking someone else has already done, sometimes being able to save the trial and error phase.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Ryan - thanks for the plug, but there are others with great ideas too. What's great about forums like this is that it brings to the table different people with different experience and goals. The more that gets shared, the easier it is for others to selectively leverage the thinking someone else has already done, sometimes being able to save the trial and error phase.
    I agree! I should have added originally that there were a lot more threads of interest. I would, like you say, read though the entire forum, and even other areas of the forum here too, as much of it is helpful for all of us. This forum, and it's users were the reason I picked up a MakerFarm, and it's this forum that continues to spur me towards upgrading, tweaking and continuing to develop my printers to this day!

Now I did run into one issue. I haven't really looked into it yet. After placing the Y bed in place and running the belt, I noticed that if i lightly grab the rear right hand corner it shifts up and to the right. The same thing happen on the rear left hand corner. Nothing happens to the corners in the front. What needs to be adjusted?

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by danrodz View Post
    Now I did run into one issue. I haven't really looked into it yet. After placing the Y bed in place and running the belt, I noticed that if i lightly grab the rear right hand corner it shifts up and to the right. The same thing happen on the rear left hand corner. Nothing happens to the corners in the front. What needs to be adjusted?
    Are you referring to the rear corners of the Y-bed? If so, it sounds like the rearward eccentric spacer on the Y-bed might need some adjusting.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Are you referring to the rear corners of the Y-bed? If so, it sounds like the rearward eccentric spacer on the Y-bed might need some adjusting.
    Yes, that's it. I will try adjusting that then and see if that tightens up things. Thanks!