Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
I'm glad to hear the Toner Plastics PLA from Microcenter has been working out for at least someone. On one of the $14.99 USD sales, I bought every color the Denver store had in the 1.75mm size. Took them all back a while later after two rolls kept having extrusion problems due to bumps in the filament that couldn't pass into the top of the hexagon hot end. I had dialogue with TP directly on the issue, along the lines of "we've never had that problem with our filament". For some reason the dialogue went quiet when I offered to send them a sample piece of the filament with a bulge in it.

rhonal - as you're probably realizing by now, picking a "good" filament gets to be interesting. There's only a limited number of manufacturers, so a lot of what you find is rebranded. Stores like MakerFarm don't make their own, and there's no guarantee that what you buy today will be the same when you buy again downstream. Brands vary. Colors vary. Batches vary. It makes a difference whether your small spool was from the beginning or the end of a larger spool, and how that transfer was done. Storage practices at the supplier and once it's in your hands make a difference. Also, experience matters - someone very skilled at printing can often find ways to make poor filament work for them. Someone new could easily get into trouble using perfectly flawless filament.
I'm using a toner plastic roll from microcenter right now and so far, I haven't had any issues yet.